Professor; Canada Research Chair
Ph.D. (Minnesota, 1998), M.A. (Minnesota, 1996)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 201. Phone: 416-978-5114.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/diegor/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Economic development
- Diego Restuccia and Richard Rogerson, "The Causes and Costs of Misallocation", Journal of Economic Perspectives 31 (3) (2017), 151–174. (Freely available.)
- Tasso Adamopoulos and Diego Restuccia, "The Size Distribution of Farms and International Productivity Differences", American Economic Review 104 (6) (2014), 1667–1697. (Freely available.)
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "The Role of the Structural Transformation in Aggregate Productivity", Quarterly Journal of Economics 125 (1) (2010), 129–173.
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "Relative Prices and Sectoral Productivity", Journal of European Economic Association, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
- Tasso Adamopoulos and Diego Restuccia, "Land Reform and Productivity: A Quantitative Analysis with Micro Data", American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Research Director, Macroeconomic Development Workshop, Research Institute for Development, Growth and Economics (RIDGE), 2019.
- State of the Art Lecture, Canadian Economic Association, 2017.
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), 2016.
- Canada Research Chair in Macroeconomics and Productivity (Tier 1), 2015.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Trade, Integration and Growth Network (TIGN), Latin American and the Caribbean Economic Association, 2012.
Courses taught 2019–2020
- ECO4051H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Frontiers in Macroeconomics • M2-4 • GE106, BL112 (only Nov 11)
- ECO2704H1F, section L5101 (St. George) • Topics in Growth and Development • T5-7 • GE100
- ECO208Y1Y, section L0101 (St. George) • Macroeconomic Theory • T11-1, F2-4 • NL 6