Professor; Canada Research Chair
Ph.D. (Minnesota, 1998), M.A. (Minnesota, 1996)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 201. Phone: 416-978-5114.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/diegor/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Economic development
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "Relative Prices and Sectoral Productivity", Journal of European Economic Association 18 (3) (2020), 1400–1443. (Freely available.)
- Tasso Adamopoulos and Diego Restuccia, "Land Reform and Productivity: A Quantitative Analysis with Micro Data", American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics 12 (3) (2020), 1–39. (Freely available.)
- Ashantha Ranasinghe and Diego Restuccia, "Financial Frictions and the Rule of Law", Journal of Development Economics 134 (2018), 248–271. (Freely available.)
- Tasso Adamopoulos and Diego Restuccia, "The Size Distribution of Farms and International Productivity Differences", American Economic Review 104 (6) (2014), 1667–1697. (Freely available.)
- Pedro Bento and Diego Restuccia, "On Average Establishment Size across Sectors and Countries", Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Research Director, Macroeconomic Development Workshop, Research Institute for Development, Growth and Economics (RIDGE), 2019.
- State of the Art Lecture, Canadian Economic Association, 2017.
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), 2016.
- Canada Research Chair in Macroeconomics and Productivity (Tier 1), 2015.
- Member, Advisory Committee, Trade, Integration and Growth Network (TIGN), Latin American and the Caribbean Economic Association, 2012.
Courses taught 2020–2021
- ECO2704H1F, section L5101 (St. George) • Topics in Growth and Development • M5-7 • RW 110